Frequently asked questions:
1. How long will it take?
It might take us several working days, or a much longer time. This depends on different factors such as:
- Password strength
- What information you can provide us
- The wallet type. Some wallets allow us to operate at high speeds with enterprise hardware. Some wallets are relatively slow to unlock, this has to do with the encryption standards.
2. How do I know I can trust you guys with my details?
Reputation and anonymity
We are not anonymous, we are proud of who we are and what we do. We have our reputation to uphold. For more information about us, you can also see our about page.
We provide you with a legally binding contract for our services. That means you are protected by the laws of The Netherlands (one of the most consumer- and internet friendly legal systems in the world.).
You are more than welcome to go over the contract with your lawyer.
If you see any activity on your wallet shortly after we have received your information and started our process. You can hold us responsible for the activity.
Long term vision
We are crypto veterans and at the risk of sounding arrogant, we are already successful. Long term success is only possible if you have a long term outlook in business. We have successfully opened wallets for clients worth sums of over $1 million USD, and wallets of over 100 Bitcoin worth.
We believe that providing excellent services, being both honest and transparent will result in more long term value, both for us and for our clients. Furthermore, we also believe satisfied clients and a good reputation are the best marketing for a business.
Proof of coffee
Much of trust in business is granted after a face to face talk. We can provide ‘proof of coffee’ (pun on Bitcoin’s Proof of Work). If you wish to meet us in person, you are always welcome for a cup of coffee or tea in our office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
3. Is it possible you don’t succeed?
Yes, although we have a success rate of over 80%. It depends on many factors if we are able to unlock your wallet. Some of these factors are beyond our control. We can make a pretty good estimation on the success rate if we receive more information from you on the type of wallet and what data we need to recover.
- What is the wallet type? Some wallets allow for faster password or seed recovery, and so our hardware can perform more operations per second. Which gives us better chances of success.
- Some passwords are extremely long and complicated, and it might even be that attempting to recover such passwords can take millennia (even with the world’s fastest computers).
- Some clients do not have any data left (no seed, no password, no public key and no wallet backup file). In such cases, recovery may be impossible.
4. Will you ever give up on attempting to open the wallet?
Well, that depends on the estimations and if we believe the wallet is recoverable at all. In general, we do not believe in quitting.
5. How are you able to recover my wallet?
We have a combination of the right skill set, experience, customized professional software, databases of wallet passwords and a large amount of the right hardware to our disposal. In our office, we have a server room full of dedicated enterprise level hardware. We have invested in the right hardware for the job.
6. What security precautions do you take?
- We have a very strict internal security policy, as well as audit logs
- We perform the work on very secure Linux environments
- We do not keep any sensitive client data on online computers (computers connected to the internet)
- Our computers and the client data is fully encrypted
Kindly read our blog for safety tips and tricks. Sensitive data can be shared with us by certified courier, PGP encrypted communications, encrypted files or through a secure portal
7. What happens after you recover my wallet?
We will ask you for a wallet address to send the funds to.
We are entitled to the agreed upon commission only if we succeed in recovering.
8. What happens if you don’t succeed to recover my wallet?
If we succeed after 2 weeks. We will evaluate the next steps with you.
If we are unable to recover the wallet, we don’t charge anything. It is in our interest to keep trying if we believe there is any chance to recover the wallet.
9. How can we have safe communications?
We allow for Email, PGP communication, Threema, Telegram and Signal.
10. How can I share my data with you safely?
You may send us part of the data through one secure channel, and partly through another channel.
So, for example, if you send us files in an encrypted folder or through PGP. You may send us the password to this data through a secure Telegram chat.
If you want to stay offline completely, you can send us a physical USB with the data. Or hand over your data in person.
11. How will you handle my personal data?
We treat personal data with complete confidentiality. After we solve your case, we will remove all your data according to the highest security standards (DOD Standard).
12. Which wallets do you support?
We support nearly every common cryptocurrency and wallet type.